Friday 26 July 2013

Last day of holiday :-(

The last few days of my fortnight's holiday have remained very warm and mostly sunny. We had rain overnight on Wednesday which produced another 4.5mm of rain but we've still been watering a lot as the ground dries out so quickly.

We've been eating from the plot all week; potatoes, broad beans, raspberries but mostly courgettes. I'm desperately looking for interesting courgette recipes, though so far plain, topped with a cheesy-nutty concoction is winning. We've managed to give away several as we've had so many family visitors to the plot this week, but now the green courgettes are arriving along with the Floridor yellows.
I couldn't resist modifying this cloud photo I took - the evening cloud had such a perfect formation! I immediately thought of this pic of Aeolus (or one similar).
I wanted to paste in an arty wind-blower, but couldn't find anything suitable so had to use me instead :-)
I did the 2013 Big Butterfly Count today - details on my wildlife blog.

2 comments:

If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda