Sunday 20 September 2020

Fields of Gold

 How much do you like sunflowers?

This much?

Or maybe this much?

What a stunning sight! My sister has been urging me to go and see them in nearby East Garston and finally yesterday I got the chance without work or traffic getting in the way!

It was a rather windy but very warm day. The fields have been planted specifically for Winter bird food - see more info here. Look at them nodding their heads :-)
I couldn’t resist having this as a separate post, I hope you like the photos, with the title song provided by Sting. If you hear of a sunflower field near you, it’s definitely worth a visit!

6 comments:

  1. I like them a lot. So do the goldfinch visitors to our garden.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnL9EoWwC8o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that was going to be a video of your goldfinches! Got my foot tapping though :-)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful, i am glad your sister insisted you go and see them as you have shared it with us. How lucky are the people to set eyes on such a wondrous sight. We have some inthe garden, still standing tall and proud - the bees are loving them, we are hoping to keep the heads back for the birds, but they don't seem interested in them yet as D keeps refilling the bird seed feeders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I know, it is outstanding! It seems to have been a good year for sunflowers - there are some giants on our site, which like yours have survived the high winds we’ve had. I’m sure when the weather turns your sunflowers will be a most welcome addition to the birds’ diets

      Delete
  3. They are so pretty and what an amazing field!

    ReplyDelete

If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda