Saturday 9 May 2020

Wait

As if working out what day it is isn't difficult enough! We've had a Bank Holiday Friday - we never have a Bank Holiday Friday! Our usual holiday Monday (May Day) was moved to Friday for VE Day, so now I think it's Sunday but it's Saturday. Oh, it's confusing!
This is 'Pip' our regular big fat pigeon; he struts along our hedge looking like he owns the place :-)
Day 54 inside - it's nice and warm with the windows open and the road is fairly quiet. Everyone is waiting for Boris Johnson's "big announcement" about lockdown tomorrow. With over 500 Covid-19 deaths per day over the last week, it's crazy to be thinking that there should be any reduction in England's half-hearted lockdown. We already have the worst death rate in Europe... I think we should just wait until the fatalities really reduce.
Anyway, enough of that depressing news. I'm pleased to report that our Silk Road Bush is full of flowers.
 It'll continue like this for several months.
I love it and the leaves are as pretty as the flowers.
And more good news. Neal has brought us round another delivery from our plot. The carrots weren't so good, but this rhubarb is so delicious - that'll keep us going for a while. I really should think of something more creative to make with it, but it's just so good roasted!
Another fellow plotholder, Ivan, has offered to help keep our plot 3 in order while we're away from the allotment - we're so looking forward to getting back there. But, for now I'll continue working from home -  Zoom meetings can be quite entertaining, whether for work or meeting friends, but it does mean you're never actually away from the screen. Look at some of my lovely colleagues - always quite animated ;-)
I haven't done any exciting cooking, but have re-discovered the delights of a cold baked potato in a salad - that was with the last of my roasted peppers and mushrooms. My lunches at home are much more generous than what I have at work!
On that note, I'll go and do some exercise... oh no, I think I'll read my book instead :-)
Stay happy and healthy everyone. Here's a fab song from Kym Mazelle and Dr Robert (of The Blow Monkeys - I'm  pretty sure I went to see them in the dim and distant past).

6 comments:

  1. I have to keep checking my diary to see what day it is. I like the Silk Road Bush.
    Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers!
    Actually, I've been imagining how about the taste of rhubarb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Rhubarb is very tart - needs a lot of sugar adding to it!

      Delete
  3. That Silk Road bush is a beauty. We’re constant;y checking which day it is. Some weeks we have three Fridays and two Mondays!

    ReplyDelete

If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda