Sunday 3 May 2020

Third of May

Day 48 - have I mentioned that things are a bit 'samey'? What day is it? How did we get to May already?! What's happening out the window?
Aah, look at that little blue tit. They're so sweet. We have two who come and visit the feeder. They always take their bit of seed away and eat it in the buddleia bush.
Here's another regular visitor. He's much more timid than the allotment robins, but is happy to eat at the feeder, unless he spots us watching him!
Our other visitors are a giant pigeon, a blackbird and a dunnock. We heard a cuckoo the other day - a very common sound on the allotment, drives you mad after a while!
Here's a timelapse of some nice fluffy clouds - the sky hasn't been so blue so far in May. We've had some drizzly rain and it's rather chilly - good! It means I don't want to be outside :-)
You may not be able to see the hail in this photo, but look at the green trees now - lovely!
I've spent quite a lot of time on my laptop this weekend. Yesterday I was doing some HAHA admin - we have the longest waiting list we've ever had! 13 for Marsh Lane and 7 for Fairfields, however both sites only have a couple of empty plots which will soon be leased. Today I've finally updated the HAHA website for 2019 and 2020 (I have a few pics that people have sent me - would welcome more though!) I liked this one showing the social distancing in the car park - and some great clouds (from Ted).
I've done a bit of cooking, but nothing very exciting. However, I'm very happy with these peppers, roasted with salt and garlic.
I love peppers. We ordered three plants but they appear to have got lost in the post, shame somebody would have got a nice pressy! Anyway, these roasted peppers are going to appear in several meals. I had some for lunch today - such a tasty addition on a plate of cold tapas. We're eating a few more eggs than we normally do, as they're quite high in vitamin D which I may need a boost of if the sun doesn't come out again quite soon.
I finally received my letter confirming 'high risk vulnerability for Covid' - I had to phone my GP to get it; it should have arrived 3 weeks ago based on Government data - slightly concerning, but not surprising. Next day I received a call from the local Council, I told them I don't need the free food parcels, but I'm glad that we can now book a priority delivery slot from Tescos. It means that we could get some items that aren't available in the local shops and Jamie won't need to drive to Newbury.
The song title is by the Fleet Foxes - so I had to write the post today :-)
Stay safe everyone x

4 comments:

  1. Making sure vulnerable people receive the help they need does seem to be patchy.

    How lucky to have cuckoos I rarely hear them now. I don’t expect the birds who have their nest hijacked are impressed though. We have lots of doves around us which lots of people mistake for cuckoos as their coo coo sounds like cuck ... oo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is concerning for the most vulnerable in our country - Channel4 news just covered this subject :-(
      I do love to hear cuckoos, but they really are the bad boys! Nature can be so cruel

      Delete

If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda