Friday 1 November 2019

Season of the Witch

I've been cooking, I always feel that's worth a blog entry. Last week I cooked one of our spaghetti squash. We still have two left to eat, they seem to be keeping ok - one at home and one in the polytunnel.
I rather like the spaghetti squash, lots of people don't seem to (including Jamie). I only cooked it for about 40 minutes which left the strands firm rather than going smushy. Then I turned the two halves over, forked the 'spaghetti' strands out, added the chopped nuts, cheese and tomatoes and popped them back into the oven for about 15minutes.
Nothing has happened on the plot apart from rain, rain, rain, although when we visited at the weekend, to pick some more dry-ish Gigantes bean pods and drop off some kitchen waste, we saw that the garlic has sprouted already! The weather must have been just right.
And then on Sunday evening I did some more cooking - just soup this time and I actually used a recipe because I wanted to use the cardamom seeds that my friend gave me (Thanks David) and I used half of one of our medium-sized pumpkins.
I made this delicious pumpkin soup - I have to be honest that I'm not sure the cardamom added much flavour. I put 7 pods in, I will try more another time. I did enjoy it for lunches at work this week and I've been snacking on the roasted pumpkin seeds (with paprika) during the evenings - so more-ish even if they are rather woody!
Halloween Night gave us an opportunity for a bit of fun - I do enjoy a wig :-) And we had bloody beetroot & potato mash with a Stahly's veggie haggis for our Halloween meal - lovely.
Song title courtesy of Donovan - Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

  1. I do wish the rain would stop. We’ve never grown spaghetti squash maybe one year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today our rain has been replaced by WIND and rain - so much debris and huge puddles!

      Delete
  2. I really like spaghetti squash, just made a veggie lasagne with it. Your twice-baked spaghetti squash is also great. And nice Halloween costume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'll check your blog for spaghetti squash recipes when I'm going to eat my next one. Thanks

      Delete

If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda