Tuesday 18 April 2017

Catch the Sun

Well done Jamie! He's finished digging Plot 7 - the last quarter where the sweetcorn, small pumpkins and french beans will grow.
I spent the few hours on the plot enjoying the sunshine once the chilly wind had moved on. I fiddled about basically: cleaning (weeding) the greenhouse, digging some compost into the trench where the sweetpeas are going. I spent way to long creating an odd-looking structure for them - "it'll be fine once it's covered in flowers"! I pinched out the growing tip on the sweetpeas in the greenhouse - I hope they survive what's meant to be a freezing night..
I potted on my sad-looking Tigerella tomato seedlings - they're very weak. I only planted up the 9 strongest looking as I only want 1 plant anyway!
The picture above shows the row of worked-on plots leading to our plots 7 & 8 at the end of the row - it's so lovely seeing new growth appearing across the site. Lots of people are already putting their seeds in. Perhaps we'll be able to now that Jamie's finished the hard work!
Here are Doves singing the title track...


5 comments:

  1. I admire your dug ground. It is so neat. Ours never looks like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how Jamie does it - it certainly doesn't look like that when I've finished digging!

      Delete
  2. I wish we were surrounded by well tended plots - to three sides we have just grass and dandelions growing,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been a few years waiting but are feeling positive now. It does make such a difference

      Delete
  3. Well done! Digging is something that I like to do, but it's really tiring.

    ReplyDelete

If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda