Tuesday 21 December 2021

Christmas time

Two days of leave, then a final two days of work before I stop for Christmas - hooray!

As  usual, we’re going to have a quiet Christmas and, as last year, it sadly doesn’t include any gatherings or proper get-togethers. But we live in hope for next year if people can be a bit careful and consider the implications of 90,000+ COVID cases every day - the figure is astounding isn’t it?! At least the government is leading by example <ahem>. Anyway, moving on…this is my Christmas post!
Do you like my wine cork reindeers? Finally I found something to do with those corks I can’t help but save! We only visited the cold allotment last weekend to gather some suitable sticks for their legs, tail  and antlers. 
Our Christmas tree is up and is colourful and full as we like it, with decorations made or collected over the last 33 Christmases and a few from even before we were together, including this little Santa.
This blog is the only diary I keep. I’ve been looking back over the last few Christmases. I’m looking forward to visiting Christmas markets, light shows and lovely Oxford again. In the meantime, we have good films to watch, plenty of food to eat and lots of Christmas cheer to be enjoyed. 
Whatever your plans, stay safe and enjoy your time. The song is provided by the great Smashing Pumpkins.


6 comments:

  1. Just three of us over Christmas - four if we count Ruby. Love the reindeers.

    If only everyone was sensible maybe we could have avoided so many infections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I think you have to count Ruby 🙂 Have a lovely Christmas Sue, I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful photos and amazing harvests next year 🎄

      Delete
  2. I think it's nice that you have all those things from the past on your Christmas tree, it must be like having a tree of memories. I think the deer is very clever, or at least you are very clever for thinking of such a thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to reminisce as the decorations are hung.
      I must admit that I didn’t invent the reindeers but I could see the pattern was easy enough to follow. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Lovely post and pictures. Like you I'll be having a quiet time.
    Thanks, and you too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. Have an enjoyable time and I’ll virtually pop over to your plot every now and then in 2022 😊.

      Delete

If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda