Tuesday 23 April 2019

Money

4 April 2019 marked my 11 year kidney transplant anniversary. On that day last year I started collecting 10pence pieces to donate to the Six Counties Kidney Patients Association, the charity that looks after patients covered by the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust .
10pence pieces to mark the 10 year anniversary, but I soon realised that they're quite hard to come by these days. Even manipulating purchases to ensure I'd get a 10p in my change I only had about £3 after a few weeks. So I publicised my donation plan at work and 10pences started arriving at my desk.
My friends and family have also been collecting and 10pences dropped through my letterbox, in our allotment polytunnel and cash equivalents via bank transfer.
 Jamie and I counted them up at the weekend and I collected a pile more from my Great-Nephew, courtesy of my sister, niece and their friends and workmates, though I know a few more are due to be delivered.
We sorted through, checking for any fancy coins and we found these. Each worth about £3 each, so we added that value to the collection (and kept the coins).
P for Postbox and V for village
A tomato plant!
We also had a few foreign coins and coins of different denomination, so we added that value to the collection too and the foreign coins are going to a local animal charity, Trindledown Farm, along with some old french francs that we have.
The total in 10pence pieces... £162.10
And, after bagging up for the bank...
GRAND TOTAL .... £205.00!
❤️THANKYOU TO EVERYONE WHO KINDLY HELPED❤️
And the fabulous title song for this post is provided by Pink Floyd xx

6 comments:

  1. Well done! And which are the 6 counties?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your addition! The 6 counties are: Oxfordshire, Northamptonshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and (parts of) Wiltshire and Gloucestershire

      Delete
  2. Quite an achievement. I've never seen any fancy 10ps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! No, I wasn't aware of them, but will certainly look out for them now!

      Delete
  3. Good for you, and well done. xx

    ReplyDelete

If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda