Friday 12 October 2018

Food Glorious Food

The reason we left Liverpool before the Giants' finale was because Sunday (7th October) was the day of the Hungerford Food Festival. It's such a big event for the town and for HAHA that I felt I couldn't miss it. With a few of our little troop of helpers ...
and lots of donated vegetables ...
and scones, jam, chutney ...
and elderflower cordial for tasters.
We had a great, exhausting day and gained at least one new plotholder.
 I'm glad we were involved (though another couple of days in Liverpool would have been amazing)
Our double-red sweetcorn had fully ripened and looked amazing
And I was pleased to see our purple radish was purple on the inside too
Plus, I love to see Hungerford bustling - so pleased that the weather was good after a rainy day on Saturday.
And I had a tasty crepe, some delicious olives and look at my bread roll - made with charcoal flour. Most unusual - it looks rather like a pebble in that photo but it was soft and very tasty.
I just wish the Food Festival included a few more veggie options... maybe next year!

3 comments:

  1. Wow that purple radish is purple indeed and so glad you got a chance to try charcoal bun, I am seeing them a fair bit now at food festivals, though have not had a chance to try it yet myself. And once again, if I lived anywhere near Hungerford, i'd visit the food festival, hope people who came by the HAHA stall were encourage to Grow their own fruit and veg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shaheen. I'll definitely be looking out for the charcoal buns in future

    ReplyDelete

If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda