Friday 28 August 2020

Creative Captivity

 Ever since I saw The Veghog post of decorated focaccia I’ve been wanting to make it and now I have!

Very easy when you buy focaccia mix - just add water and do a little bit of kneading, even I could manage that!

And after resting it for a couple of hours, I added the decoration and popped it in the oven for about 25 minutes.

The fennel and onion meant it smelled delicious while cooking and all in all it was a very tasty addition to a meal with soup. I only used 250g of flour, think I may need double that next time so that my ‘canvas’ is a bit bigger, but it was plenty of bread for the two of us.

We also had this stuffed courgette meal during the week. 

Over-sized courgettes with a stuffing made from the remaining courgette, mixed nuts, mixed seeds and cheese.  Mmm, so tasty.

And the left-over stuffing was a tasty snack the next day.

So I’ve been feeling quite creative and that’s why I chose this song title by August Burns Red - although I’m less captive than usual as I have a few days off work and I went into a shop yesterday (first time since March!!)

8 comments:

  1. That loos deli ious. I have an oversized courgette that i need to use. One day nothing there next day you find a marrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know! Although our courgette production seems to be slowing down a bit now :-(

      Delete
  2. What lovely idea, i’ve sill not vented into a shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s very pleasing to create I must say!
      I went into WH Smiths in Hungerford, a pretty small shop and there were other people in there, but I went to the self-service checkout by the door so barely crossed paths :-)

      Delete
  3. Lovely design. Pizza next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes probably with all that remaining flour :-)

      Delete
  4. Your focaccia is so beautiful and thanks for the mention! I love the addition of fennel and sage. I need to make another one soon too.

    ReplyDelete

If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda