Tuesday 21 July 2020

A Stitch in Time

I finished sewing Plot 7 (pun intended).
I found it very satisfying. I haven’t done any embroidery for decades so I needed to look up how to do new stitches every step of the way. Thank goodness for My sister’s book of stitches and Pinterest!
I like the little bees in the pic above and the blue hoops definitely make it look like an allotment :-) I had to un-pick and re-sow a few parts - the sunflowers looked rather like deep-sea divers for a while, so I re-did them.
I would have liked a frog in the pond, but that was beyond my beginner skills so I just beaded it for a water feature. And the bench is definitely a major feature of our plot which is missing!
So, that’s my Covid embroidery project complete. It doesn’t look anything like the embroidery that inspired me, but it does look a bit like Plot 7, with a bit of creative licence.
Here’s the quick creation from start to finish.
The song title is by Smashing Pumpkins.



12 comments:

  1. I would say https://vimeo.com/75113136

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good, well done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank must have kept you busy for hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did! A welcome distraction from my laptop.

      Delete
  4. Stunning, so wonderful to see your finished piece and labour of love. And you will have no idea how happy this has made me, really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah, thanks Shaheen. And now you’ve made me happy too

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thankyou. I’m so glad everyone seems to like it as much as I do. It was a very pleasant way to wile away the hours

      Delete

If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda