Sunday 4 October 2015

Hungerford Food Festival 2015

A lovely day on the plot yesterday in the sunshine and there was a real buzz on site. I'm not sure if it was the weather or because plotholders were harvesting for the HAHA stand at the Food Festival. Everyone was so generous, providing bagfuls of produce for the display.

Jamie spent the afternoon carving the HAHA pumpkin and it looked great, as you can see.
We had a slideshow of photos and the site video, which is so pleasing a year after seeing it for the first time. As well as the displays we had a side stall with tasters of home-made savoury scones, fruit cordials and fruit - along with these pumpkin seeds.
I roasted the pumpkin seeds - mixed with olive oil, smoked rapeseed oil, paprika, salt and pepper - for about 50mins at 150C. They were delicious and so more-ish.
I'm glad we have more pumpkins for Halloween!
The food festival was a great success. So lovely to talk about growing your own with so many people and to see Hungerford bustling. It seems we may have gained a couple of new allotment recruits through the stall too.
What a lovely weekend! Thanks to all involved!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that film. He is a clever man. If that doesn`t sell your allotments I don`t know what will. I can`t think of a better way to use a filed than that! I am glad you day was such a success and that the weather was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be an interesting festival! I really like the pumpkins

    ReplyDelete

If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda