Saturday 21 February 2015

We have some colour - Blue Sky!

And it was so lovely to be out in the sunshine!
Jamie wheeled a few more barrow-loads of manure down to our site from the HAHA winter delivery, the pile is rather small now, but it's good stuff - very well-rotted so it's a shame to not use it.
I got an additional barrow-load, just to show willling and to make the cost up to £2. It was tiring, even on a cold day! We really should have taken our flask with us. It was nice recuperating with the sun on my face though!
I did some more weeding, clearing the area where we had wildflowers last year. I wasn't sure whether the rosettes were from flowers or weeds but I weeded them all as we may not have the flowers there this year. I still need to do a bit more planning for that half of plot 8, we're waiting for a blueberry to be delivered which is likely to go there, near the raspberry canes (which were rubbish last year). There's also our massive sage plant which keeps spreading and I haven't used sage for about 2 years! I need to look up what to do with it; cooking but also probably to get rid of most of it and put a few plants in pots for sharing.
Look, tiny signs of edible life...
A garlic sprout!
Rhubarb, at last!
And, here's the surprising little songster who was serenading us today - a little dunnock!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I only have a limited time on gardening last two months. We have blue clear sky last two days, look like a dry season will come earlier. happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete

If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda