Wednesday 23 January 2013

Sign the National Allotment Petition

The introduction of this strategy would really help those of us who’s allotments are owned by private landlords.

Our Council is due to renew the lease next year - it expires in April 2014 - and we’re getting very concerned that the Council don’t appreciate the urgency of getting the renewal sorted out sooner rather than later…
https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/44634

Myself and the rest of our committee are trying their best but it would be so much better to have weightier support...
http://www.haha-hungerford.org.uk/



6 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog via Shinny!
    I used to have an allotment in Marsh Lane, but it was Bolton Percy York!
    I use to visit Hungerford regularly years ago when my former wife's dad was a butler at the Will's place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I've just discovered your blog through your comment :-)
      Funnily enough my hairdresser mentioned the Wills family last week - I wasn't aware of them before

      Delete
  2. I've signed.

    Hope your allotment committee aren't treated like ours was. We could have featured on Allotment Wars. We now have no committee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're not quite up to Allotment Wars standards yet - hope we never reach that stage. We're self-managed so would be up the creek if we had no committee!!

      Delete
  3. Councils are good at dragging their feet and getting paid for doing so. I missed this post earlier but you've got my signature now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, thanks! I see that's 1566 signatures now!

    ReplyDelete

If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda