![]() |
| The Glow |
Here are a few pics.
![]() |
| Tiger moth bi-planes |
![]() |
| Motorised gliders doing aerobatics |
I really enjoyed seeing the parachutists come down from a Dornier bomber. Perfect landings by all!
My favourites were these motorised gliders covered in lights taking to the skies after sunset to do their aerobatics to music whilst shooting fireworks at each other - it was amazing! My photos don’t quite capture the excitement! But I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled for another display by Airborne Pyrotechnics.
Anyway, back to reality.
Before our day out I finally got the leeks planted after some decent rainfall for a couple of days. I couldn’t find a suitable pole to make holes so just dug them in order for the leeks to be ‘puddled in’.
I took the dried dwarf beans home and podded them. They were bought as plants so we didn’t know the variety. I was expecting to see white beans so looked them up. They seem to be Tendergreen dwarf French beans. They were tasty so I’m saving them to sow next year as they’re supposedly more suitable as green beans than for drying. The reddish beans were a few Jacob’s Cattle - I’ve added them to the storage pot I already have of them. It wasn’t a good year for our beans.I’m hoping to eat our first peppers this week - this one is huge, but still has a bit more reddening to do…It looks like it’ll be dry today and it’s warm so I hope to get to the allotment later though time is moving faster than me. I’ll leave you with this fabulous Norman Greenbaum song - haven’t heard this for so long. Enjoy!







No comments:
Post a Comment
If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda