We have finally had some rain now - after more than 8 weeks - not tremendous amounts but the ground did get totally wet. In fact another downpour woke me up early this morning. And this dark cloud managed to get me as I was heading back to the car after watering in hot sunshine on the plot the other day. We’re still waiting for the corn cobs to fill out …
And I think the squirrel has her eye on that too!
The allotment definitely looks like a late September plot rather than an August one. What a sorry state. On the plus side, I’m not sure our plot has ever been so weed-free at this time of year before! There are a few more spuds in there plus some beetroot. I’m not sure there are enough beans to bother storing them.
We’ve enjoyed a few more cucumbers and the aubergine still has fruits to pick. I thought the courgette plants had given up but noticed a couple of baby green ones the other day. And of course there are pumpkins plus at least one butternut.
I had an enormous yellow courgette in the fridge that I couldn’t bear to compost so I made a simple soup with it - I scooped out most of the flesh so it turned out very yellow and very tasty with crème fraiche stirred in.









I grew two tomato varieties, one was excellent the other so-so. I hope you get to enjoy the sweetcorn cobs. As you say the allotment season has finished rather early this year. Well done the quiz team. xx
ReplyDeleteI certainly hope our cobs are as good as your Golden Hind, they look amazing!
DeleteI the rain will soon put paid to being weed free!
ReplyDeleteYep! The grass has already returned to green-ish. I expect to see a new flush of thistles quite soon…!
Delete