Wednesday 6 June 2018

Changes

The sky has been white instead of blue for the last couple of days but it has meant that we could get some work done at home and then yesterday we managed to clear the other half of Plot 46A - just a little bit more to do. But this post is mostly about the tadpoles.
Or should I say 'froglets' - look at that little one, with another one looking on from the water. They're so tiny - smaller than a little fingernail.
There's still a bit of tail that needs to go.
And there are others at varying stages of their transformation. Here's a little timelapse video of pond action from yesterday - the water snail is a busy little thing!
While we were clearing Plot 46A we found lots of ladybird larvae and cocoons. Any adult ladybirds we found we took to Plot3 to deal with our broad beans' blackfly problem - they seemed happy to help :-)
Plot46A has a serious weed issue. My salad seedlings are taking shape now so I can just about tell the difference between them and the weedlings but I'm going to wait a bit longer before I pull the weeds - I think it going to have to be a manual job, rather than a hoe...
The sun's coming out so today (Wednesday) we should be able to have a barbecue on site - hooray, but I still need to work on some more growing/weeding/sowing...
A great title song by David Bowie - a stay-in-your-head-all-day song - enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. There's a lot going on in that tiny pond :-)

      Delete
  2. The ladybird Marva are even more voracious consumers of aphids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thet're trickier to pick up, but I'll endeavour to move them to Plot3 too then! Thanks

      Delete

If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda