Saturday 17 February 2018

I Feel the Earth Move

Look at this sleepy little bee - not dead, just over-done the crocus nectar I think!
We had a good afternoon digging and chatting on the plot. The sun shone for a while and it was pleasantly warm. I'm still digging the area that I started last weekend. As you can see my weed bucket is mostly hedge roots, which makes for slow progress.
Jamie planted our shallots and they're covered with netting - just to protect them from birds/mice while they take root and secure themselves.
Everyone left the site as it began to get chilly as the sun was sinking. It's always lovely to see the 'usual suspects' back for the new term. A few long-standing plotholders have had to resign their plots, but we have some very keen newcomers and others will likely join us as the weather cheers up.

So, why the title? We had an earthquake! We didn't actually feel it, but we were talking and all stared at the sky because we heard a strange rumbling. We only realised there had been an earthquake when we got home but some people in the local area apparently felt it.

6 comments:

  1. How exciting for you. We were in south Wales but didn't even notice. Annoying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would have been more interesting if we'd known what it was at the time! Surprised you didn't feel it there!

      Delete
  2. I live in South East Wales and didn't notice, but the Swansea community did. I adore the sleepy bee photo thank you so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! That bee photo is definitely my favourite of the year so far

      Delete

If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda