Monday 3 April 2017

Mr Blue Sky

Aah, blue skies, warm sunshine, lots of plotholders and digging - what a lovely Sunday afternoon. That calls for a timelapse...
It's a mirror image of the actual site
Jamie was finishing off preparation of the potato plot and the little raised bed for our silverskin pickling onions - we've trying Pompei this year, hope the slugs don't demolish them like last year...
Meanwhile I was digging the plot for flowers, courgette and mangetout. I didn't get to the end of my patch - too much hard work with all the weeds and grass, but another couple of hours should get it sorted... Oh, ok, I did stop for a few chats too I guess you spotted those in the video - it was HAHA committee talk - honest :-)
I also did a bit of clearing where our herbs grow and found where some of the snails have been hiding.
We're pleased to see that all the snails seem to have increased our thrush population though and they were standing by waiting for us to leave in the evening.
A bit of ELO to provide the music for our enjoyable, tiring afternoon. You'll be humming it all day now, whether you like it or not :-)


8 comments:

  1. I did notice that the chats took up quite a bit of time on the video. It's good to know that you have a population of song thrushes. It's a while since I noticed any around us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes I know - caught on camera! But it was our chairman ;-D
      There are a lot of empty shells around too

      Delete
  2. Love the time-lapse. Wish I could do it with my phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a free app called Lapse-It
      It's nice seeing how fast we work :-)

      Delete
  3. Lots of snails there. Great job! Preparing the soil is really tiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The time lapse was so funny! Your bottom had a starring role!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes! I should have thought about camera placement a bit more!!

      Delete

If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda