Sunday 8 May 2016

Sunday Sunshine

I had things I should have done today, but it would have been mad to stay inside on the second hottest day of the year. It felt hotter because the sun was on full, but the thermometer showed 22° The site was busier than it's been in months, so nice to see.
Here are our potato bags.
We weeded the area behind, where the wildflowers will go, and all round the rhubarb monsters. I potted on the lovely hibiscus syriacus 'Marina'. I really hope it grows and flowers well, it promises to be beautiful! The two blue poppies We were given for Christmas are tricky to grow (from everything I've read) but gorgeous when they work. I put them in a pot because of the uncertain future of the site. One has disappeared but the other is still hanging on in there. (Fingers crossed).
I found a funny shaped stone, so thought I'd share it. How do they get to be that shape?!
Reminds me of the doorbell moose in The Banana Splits (blast from the past!). Now I've found a photo, it doesn't really look that similar!

9 comments:

  1. I think I should try to grow potato on the big bag. Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are ok as long as they don't get too wet...

      Delete
  2. That is a weird stone!
    Good luck with the remaining blue poppy I wonder what/who got the other...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other blue poppy looked quite healthy but then went brown and died back. It seems to be quite a common occurence with the variety :-(

      Delete
  3. It was too hot for plotting here so we pottered around in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny to say it was too hot after the weather a couple of weeks ago!!

      Delete

If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda