Sunday 18 May 2014

Two Weeks Later...

My niece's wedding was a fabulous affair - such a beautiful location in the Berkshire downs, in the sunshine with delightful company. Always lovely to catch up with the cousins and more distant family members.

Recovery on Sunday included a few hours of weeding and more tidying. Jamie chopped and manual-mowed the path (not a nice neat path) between the hedge and our plots - {nearly killed him, on the hottest day of the year so far 25°!}

This is a photo from 5th May:
Two weeks away from the plot is a long time - look at how the hedge has grown!
I was very pleasantly surprised to see my seeds had germinated and not dried out or been nibbled - lucky some things can take a bit of abuse!
And the spuds have obviously been up for  a few days.
And, I picked some chive flowers for my vinegar. I picked a lot of buds and hope they'll open at home before being popped in the jar (will it ever get made?!)
Then we left as the helicopters were circling the site!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda