Monday 22 July 2013

Rain!

We went to the site in the morning and did a bit of labelling on the HAHA Plot. As it's meant to be 'unusual veg' we thought it would be sensible to let people know exactly what is growing there. The squashes are doing well, as are the asparagus peas but I don't think the globe artichoke liked being transplanted - it doesn't seem to have grown at all since the move..
It was so humid we couldn't do anything energetic and only did a bit of watering because we have the promise of rain later.
I could have done the butterfly count today,  though it wouldn't be a particularly average day (see wildlife blog)!
 
In the evening we walked up again to pick potatoes (International Kidney) for dinner. We got a healthy haul from the one plant and they were very tasty but did fall apart in the pan after just 17mins of cooking. I had a few mangetout too and the strawbs are for tomorrow's breakfast. 
Juat as we got close to home it started to rain but we got indoors before we had the most tremendous thunderstorm - very exciting! Haven't heard thunder that loud for years! And with it came the RAIN.

3 comments:

  1. Not as dramatic as yours but we had thunder and a bit if rain in the night

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are we waiting ....I never thought I would want it to rain as much as I do now. I feel guilty watering our Kitchen Garden as the Rivers are dry here. Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I had an allotment I never wanted rain and after last year I thought I'd never be happy to see it again :-)

    ReplyDelete

If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda