Sunday 2 September 2012

Royal British Legion Horticultural Show

Hey! This is my 200th post!
For some of the time on the plot yesterday I was trying to find a funny-shaped vegetable for the Hungerford Royal British Legion horticultural show. Unfortunately, although the carrots I pulled didn't actually look like carrots - they were the original 'Early Nantes' and had all split - they weren't actually funny, so I couldn't enter that category.

The only thing I managed to enter from the plot was a runner bean that was as long as my forearm - but I got pipped to first place by Chris' which was about 1cm longer. Never mind :-) I got some 1st, 2nd and 3rd places for some of my photos.
These are my photos that got 1st place:


"Close-up" category
"Winter" category
"Any wildlife" category
There wasn't a very good turnout for the event which we're going to try to encourage allotment-holders to join in with next year. There were a few of us there from Marsh Lane and the competition between us made it quite fun.

2 comments:

  1. I love that caterpillar photo. Was it one that won a prize? If so I`m not suprised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I updated this post after you sent your comment - those are the 3 pics that won first prizes :-)

      Delete

If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda