Monday 27 August 2012

More pickling and picking

Jamie pickled the silverskin onions this morning in 25g of Demerara sugar dissolved in 350ml of Aspall Classic white wine vinegar.
Later we visited the plot. We were the only ones there, it's a bit of a dull day with rain threatening.
We picked salad for lunches and today had those lovely tomatoes and silverskin onions for lunch on bruschetta - such a tasty snack. We got 3 cucumbers - I think one of them will be given away at work, along with one of the courgettes.
The cabbage should serve us for at least two meals. The beets are from the raised bed and were pickled in sweetened red wine vinegar when we got home. Luckily there are a few cut-offs which can be added to my salad tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I love home made pickled onions! I also have a recipe for pickled cucumbers on my blog: http://wedonteatanythingwithaface.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/pickled-cucumber.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are delish aren't they? I think we're soon going to be tired of eating raw cucumbers so hope to follow your recipe quite soon - thank you!

      Delete

If you visit, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your interest.
Belinda