Sunday, 9 October 2011

This month's pest - Leek Moth

Well, another crop has gone because of the pests! The leeks have been looking bedraggled for a few weeks but after confirming that we have leek moth we decided to bite the bullet and pull the whole lot up :-(

 
Such a shame, though I did manage to save a few to eat (after some very careful checking for critters!)
 Jamie dug the patch over and we took all the leaves and other waste home to attempt to avoid contaminating the ground with any remaining caterpillars/pupae. Hopefully our friendly robin will spot any that we didn't clear...
The ground did look good after it was dug though - it looked a bit awful with a load of miserable looking leeks on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can place a comment on my blog. All comments are moderated though! Thank you for your interest.
Belinda